- ARTICLE I. The name of this organization shall be "The Society for the Research of Japanese Language and Literature."
- ARTICLE II. The purpose of this organization shall be to promote academic studies, and to foster friendship among the members.
- ARTICLE III. The membership of The Society for the Research of Japanese Language and Literature must be comprised of active full-time professors, honorary professors, graduates from the undergraduate or the graduate programs, registered students in the undergraduate or the graduate programs, and all other members who subscribe to the purpose of this organization in the Department of Japanese Language and Literature, the College of Humanities, Pusan National University.
PRESIDENT AND VICE PRESIDENT
- ARTICLE IV. This organization shall have one President, who shall be the Dean of the Department of Japanese Language and Literature, the College of Humanities, Pusan National University, recommended in the general meeting.
- ARTICLE V. This organization shall have two Vice-Presidents, who shall be recommended in the general meeting as one of the faculty members, other than the President, and the other among the graduates, of the Department of Japanese Language and Literature.
- ARTICLE VI. The President of The Society for the Research of Japanese Language and Literature shall be responsible for overall policy and direction of the Society, by summoning general meetings and officer meetings.
- ARTICLE VII. The Vice-President of The Society for the Research of Japanese Language and Literature shall assist the President, and, in the absence of the President, shall assume all duties and powers of the President.
- ARTICLE VIII. This organization shall consist of the following officers: one from every batch of enrolled students and graduates; and professors shall be officers as a rule.
- ARTICLE IX. There shall be Administration Officers among the officers. Administration Officers shall belong to the below mentioned departments to participate in the management of the Society. The members who participate in the publication of collections of papers shall, especially, be called Publication Officers, and the regulations concerning Publication Officers shall be decided separately.
1. Department of General Affairs 2. Department of Research 3. Department of Publication
- ARTICLE X. Every department shall have one graduate, one enrolled student, and one professor as Administration Officers.
GENERAL MEETINGS AND OFFICER MEETINGS
- ARTICLE XI. This organization shall have a general meeting at the beginning of the year, which shall be summoned by the President for confirming the last year's budget report, deliberating the budget for the new year, and setting the directions and policies of the organization. If the necessity shall arise, additionally, the Officer Meeting shall be able to have Extraordinary General Meetings.
- ARTICLE XII. This organization shall have Officer Meetings if the need shall arise. Officer Meetings shall be summoned by the President for discussing the implementation of policies.
- ARTICLEARTICLE XIII. This organization shall have two auditors, who shall audit the Society at the end of the year and shall report its outcome at the general meeting of the new year.
TERM OF THE OFFICE
- ARTICLE XIV. A term of the office of President, Vice-President, Officer, and Auditor of this organization shall be one year and may be reappointed for one additional term.
- ARTICLE XVI. All members of this organization shall pay an annual membership fee.
- ARTICLE XVII. The membership fee shall be 10,000 won per year and shall be paid at the general meeting. The undergraduate students are, however, exempt from membership fees.
- ARTICLE XVIII. This organization shall implement the following programs for achieving the purposes of the organization:
- Publication of the collections of papers(once a year, published on the 1st of September), but the cost for the publication of the collections of papers shall be set up as a special account.
- Holding study groups and lecture meetings
- Academic research
PUBLICATION STAFF REGULATION
- ARTICLE I. This organization shall have Publication Staff, which shall consist of volunteers.
- ARTICLE II. If subscribing to the purpose of this organization and having requested a regular subscription to the collection of papers, nonmembers may also receive the collection of papers.
- ARTICLE III. The cost for the publication of the collection of papers shall be set by the Officer Meeting.
- ARTICLE IV. Members may submit papers according to Paper Submission Guidelines, which shall be fixed separately.
- ARTICLE V. This organization shall have Editorial Meetings for editing the collection of papers. Faculty members, five graduates, one graduate student and one undergraduate student in the Department of Japanese Language and Literature shall participate in the Editorial Meeting.
PAPER SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Only members are invited to submit papers to the collection. When the Editorial Meeting confirms its suitability, however, nonmembers can also be requested to submit papers.
- The papers may include academic dissertations, introductions to research materials(including reprinted materials), studies of teaching materials, and etc. All papers shall be written according to the Thesis Writing Guidelines, and the manuscript shall not exceed 15 pages, including the main body and the references.
- All papers shall be in Hangeul 97, unless absolutely compelled by the circumstances in printing.
- The selection of the submitted papers shall be made by the Editorial Meeting.
- Paper offprints shall be ordered at cost charged to the authors of the papers.
- Paper submission address and deadline are as following:
Submission address: Department of Japanese Language and Literature, Pusan National University, Busandaehak-ro 63beon-gil, Geumjeong-Gu, Busan 609-735 Korea
Submission deadline: August 31of each year