Ship Resistance and Hydrodynamics
Ship Hydrodynamics (Resistance, Seakeeping, Propulsion)
Computational Fluid Dynamics(CFD)
Experiments in Towing Tank, CWC and Wind Tunnel
Ph.D., Glasgow University, U.K., 1988
1. Lee, C. M., Park I. R., Chun, H. H., and Lee, S. J., "Effect of Free Surface and Strut on Fin Attached to a Strut," Ocean Engineering, Vol. 28, No. 1, pp. 159-177, 2001.
2. Yang, J. H., Song, K. J., and Chun, H. H., "Computation of the Hydrodynamic Coefficients of Ships in Waves by Rankine Source Panel Methods," Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, Vol. 38, No. 1, pp. 11-14, 2000.
3. Kim, H. J., and Chun, H. H., "Hull Form Generation of Minimum Wave Resistance by a Nonlinear Optimization Methods," Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, Vol. 37, No. 4, pp. 11-18, 2000.
4. Chun, H. H., Chun, S. H., and Kim, S. Y., "Roll Damping Moment of a small Fishing Vessel with Appendage," Oceanic Engineering International(Canada), Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 67-74, 2000.
5. Lee, J. H., Chun, Y. K., and Chun, H. H., "Decomposition of General Linear Irregular Waves," International Journal of Oceanic Engineering and Technology, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 18-24, 2000.
Associate Professor, Pusan National University, Korea (1994-Present)
Senior Researcher, Hyundai Maritime Research Institute, Korea (1991-1994)
Lecturer, Pusan National University, Korea (1990-1991)
YARD Research Fellow, Glasgow University, U.K. (1988-1990)
Professional Societies & Activities
Member, RINA, SNAK
Editor, Oceanic Engineering International (1998-Present)
Member, The Committee of Safety of High Speed Marine Vehicles in ITTC (1996-1999)
Editor, Journal of the Society of Naval Architect of Korea (1994-Present)
Honors and Awards
International Joint Research & Activities
Joint Research with Prof. Millward of Liverpool University, U.K.
Research Project in Stability Enhancement of Small Fishing Vessels (1988-1999)