Speech Signal Processing
Speech Synthesis and Coding
Ph.D., Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Korea, 1989
1. Park, K. Y., and Kim, H. S., "Narrowband to Wideband Converstion Based on GMM-Based Transformation," IEEE ICASSP, Vol. 3, pp. 1843-1846, 2000.
2. Lee, S. J., Kim, H. D., and Kim, H. S., "Variable Time-Scale Modification of Speech Using Transient Information," Journal of the Institute of Electronics Engineers of Korea, Vol. 35-S, No. 6, pp. 147-155, 1998.
3. Lee, H. R., and Kim, H. S., "A Study on the Performance Improvement of Keyword Spotting System Using Phone-Based HMM," Journal of Acoustical Society of Korea, Vol. 16, No. 8, pp. 55-59, 1997.
4. Koo, J. M., Kim, H. S., and Un, C. K., "A Korean Large Vocabulary Speech Recognition System for Automatic Telephone Number Query Service," International Journal of Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence, Vol. 8, No. 1, 1994.
5. Kim, H. S., and Un, C. K., "Improving Discriminability among Acoustically Similar Words by Modified Distance Metric," IEE Electronics Letters, Vol. 24, pp. 161-163, 1988.
Visiting Researcher, School of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University, U.S.A. (1999-2000)
Associate Professor, Department of Electronics Engineering, Pusan National University, Korea (1992-Present)
Senior Research Engineer, DigiCom Institute of Telematics, Korea (1987-1992)
Professional Societies & Activities
Associate Editor, Journal of the Acoustic Society of Korea (1999-Present)
Honors and Awards
Academic Award, Acoustic Society of Korea, Korea (1998)
Best Paper Award, Acoustic Society of Korea, Korea (1997)
International Joint Research & Activities