Optics in Liquid Crystal Display
Photonic Devices for Optical Fiber Communications and Optical Signal Processing
Ph.D., Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Korea, 1986
1. Yoon, T. H., Lee, G. D., and Kim, J. C., "Nontwist Quarter-Wave Liquid-Crystal Cell for a High Contrast Reflective Display", Optics Letters, Vol. 25, pp. 1547-1549, 2000.
2. Yoon, T. H., and Kim, J. C., "A Simple Method for the Fast Elimination of Interference Fin the 4 X 4 Matrix Optics," Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 37, pp. 529-531, 1998.
3. Yoon, T. H., Shin, D. S., Kim, D. B., Kim, J. C., and Kim, S. H., "Optical Bistability in a Semiconductor Etalon with Nonlinear Integrated Mirrors," Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 37, No. 8 pp. 4397-4400, 1998.
4. Yoon, T. H., Lee, C. H., and Shin, S. Y., "Perturbation Analysis of Bistability and Period Doubling Bifurcations in Directly Modulated Laser Diodes," IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, Vol. QE-25, pp. 1993-2000, 1989.
5. Yoon, T. H., Song, J. W., Shin, S. Y., and Ra, J. W., "One Dimensional Map and Its Modification for Periodic-Chaotic Sequence in a Driven Nonlinear Oscillator," Physical Review A, Vol. 30, pp. 3347-3350, 1984.
Visiting Scholar, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of California at Santa Barbara (1996-1997)
Assistant Research Scientist, Optical Sciences Center, University of Arizona (1990-1991)
Professor, Department of Electronics Engineering, Pusan National University, Korea (1986-Present)
Professional Societies & Activities
Programming Chair, Photonics Conference, (1999, 2001)
Honors and Awards
Paper Prize, Optical Society of Korea, Korea (1999)
International Joint Research & Activities